How can I get my SP3 to wake up after sleep?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Won't wake up after sleep

I'm having an issue since applying the fall update. When waking up from sleep, my SP3 is occasionally not bringing up the login screen. The screen is black and the backlight comes on. I can move the mouse around with the touchpad. The only way to get out of this scenario is to hold down the power and volume up buttons.

It seems to only happen after the SP3 has been sleeping for a while. If I just lock it and come back 10 minutes later, this doesn't happen. Anyone else experience this issue?

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: Won't wake up after sleep

At this time, the best thing I can suggest is to report the issue via Windows Feedback to make sure that Microsoft is aware of the issue. Apparently we're getting reports on other hardware configurations as well, not just the SP3.

Reporting it to Microsoft via the Windows Feedback app will help us get the fastest results. Not as fast as we would like, but faster than not reporting.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site

At this time, the best thing I can suggest is to report the issue via Windows Feedback to make sure that Microsoft is aware of the issue. Apparently we're getting reports on other hardware configurations as well, not just the SP3.

Reporting it to Microsoft via the Windows Feedback app will help us get the fastest results. Not as fast as we would like, but faster than not reporting.

Already done and good suggestion!

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site

Have you checked your power options?

1) Control Panel >> Power Options >> Choose what the power button does >> When I press the power button >> On battery = "Sleep" & Plugged in = "Sleep"
2) Shutdown settings >> Turn on fast startup (recommended) = checked

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro