New Windows 10 version bugs and breaks

Teacrot

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site
So I've noticed some funky things happening since updating the OS to this new big update-

1. The windows facebook app crashes and is unusable.
2. Touch screen suddenly becomes unresponsive and has to be rebooted to bring it back.
3. Chrome browser crashes- maybe referencing a flash or something causing it (maybe something similar to the facebook issue).
4. My Pen doesn't work :(

Anyone else experiencing issues? Anyone have fixes for these?:sweaty:

m4600

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
Try pairing the pen again. I have all the same issues you mentioned above, except my pen works great.
I do think the browser crashes are related to some dynamic ads (Flash or HTML5 - not sure).
This happens several times a day. Often on this forum.
I tried disabling the hardware acceleration - no help.

Teacrot

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site
thank you, that worked for the pen. gawd, i've worked with computers for 25 years but working with issues in win 8 and 10 and the Surface make me feel like a noob.

snakebitten

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
If you are right about the dynamic ads, it might explain why I have (seemingly) far fewer Edge issues. I have one of those host files loaded and I am becoming convinced that it benefits me far more than just getting rid of the web-clutter. I've completely changed my opinion of Edge after enjoying its speed and elegant rendering, without the irritating crashes.

I'm not declaring that it is crash-proof. But it is getting almost rare.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
piklokz