Greetings

I used to never place a screen protector on my devices, but they got hair scratches eventually. Also, I have a wacom drawing tablet, but that is scratched as well, just by drawing with it.
    So is there any good screen protector for the surface pro 4? Is the one on the Microsoft store site for the sp3 also usable for the 4? Will pen parallax increase?

Thanks in advance!
    11-17-2015 12:39 PM
    Greetings

I used to never place a screen protector on my devices, but they got hair scratches eventually. Also, I have a wacom drawing tablet, but that is scratched as well, just by drawing with it.
    So is there any good screen protector for the surface pro 4? Is the one on the Microsoft store site for the sp3 also usable for the 4? Will pen parallax increase?

Thanks in advance!
    Do not muck up this perfect display with some screen protector! Learn to care for your devices, use the type-cover as layer one and case as layer two and a good microfiber cloth

I use:

http://www.amazon.com/Cloth-Addictio...pUvbUpU3296204
    11-17-2015 05:18 PM
    I care for my devices, however I also want peace of mind. That said, I still get micro scratches because some fine silt particles get stuck in my fingerprints. It is inevitable. I don't want to wash and scrub my hands every time I would use the surface.

Is there an oleophobic coating?

And I'll see if everyone here favors against a protector to make my decision.
    11-18-2015 01:42 AM
    173 views one response that is negative to your query about screen protection..there is your answer its like a car bra.
    Remember this is not a device in your pocket and no film makes this screen better than as is..why would you accept less visual impact 100% of the time just for the off chance there is a micro scratch. I get it on phones that have small screens in your pocket or purse on larger screens it makes zero sense.

Yes GG4 has an Oleo-phobic layer
    11-18-2015 07:50 AM
    I got tired of how reflective the screen was- beautiful but just too reflective. so I got this protector and I like it alot. Amazon.com: Mr Shield For Microsoft Surface Pro 4 Anti-Glare [Matte] Screen Protector [3-PACK] with Lifetime Replacement: Computers & Accessories
    61z1xbdsaml._sl1048_.jpg
    11-18-2015 07:51 PM
    I got tired of how reflective the screen was- beautiful but just too reflective. so I got this protector and I like it alot
    Any issues writing with the pen? Does it feel different and does it seem like the distance between the screen and the pen tip is too much with the protector on?
    11-19-2015 06:55 PM
    I don't have any issues so far. There's a smidge more drag on the pen which feels a bit more natural...that's just me. The nice thing about these screen protectors, If you don't like them you haven't wasted a ton of money. Another note about these, i still get fingerprints..gobs which is no different than without the protector. These do however cut down the glare.
    11-20-2015 03:19 PM
    I have not had a screen protector on any phone, tablet, laptop, etc since my Palm Treo in 2008, and I honestly do not remember any scratches. I take care of my devices, and covering a screen I paid a lot of money for is repulsive to me.
    11-20-2015 03:36 PM
    I have tempered glass on mine and it has small issues with touch sensitivity now. I might opt out and get the simple thin vinyl protector.
    11-21-2015 09:44 AM
    I have tempered glass on mine and it has small issues with touch sensitivity now. I might opt out and get the simple thin vinyl protector.
    So all the work MS did to create a pixel sense display at 0.4mm GG4 and you users think Vinyl or glass will help? I do not get the screen protector advocates at all. Its really mind boggling people junk up their surfaces with crap overlays. Just use the product as is.

Phone in pocket/purse sure..laptops/hybrids, computers..NO

These are probably the same people that leave the plastic protection on remotes...ludicrous
    11-21-2015 10:06 AM
    So all the work MS did to create a pixel sense display at 0.4mm GG4 and you users think Vinyl or glass will help? I do not get the screen protector advocates at all. Its really mind boggling people junk up their surfaces with crap overlays. Just use the product as is.

These are probably the same people that leave the plastic protection on remotes...ludicrous
    It's because people like me don't know what that even means. I got it so when i scratch my screen, i can just replace the overlay instead of trying to take this apart and replace the screen
    11-21-2015 10:29 AM

Yes, we understand that you think we shouldn't use a screen protector. I spent a lot of my hard earned money on this device, and by spending a couple of bucks I can be sure that the screen (the only part that I care about NOT getting a tiny scratch) will be perfect for the years to come. Any scratch due to SOMETHING getting in there, any tiny fragment, would really make me dislike looking at the screen. Of course a screen protector will worsen the image quality, but I'd rather have a perfect screen to look at than a pretty one with multiple [possible] scratches in the future.

Anyone could argue the same thing about their phone or tablet as well.

It's all about personal preference. I for one think those cheap screen protectors are very thin and work very very well. I've been using them for years. I don't recommend using the Zagg style ones, the drag has, in more than one occasion, broken pen tips (on other tablets I've had in the past). So stick to the smooth hard ones!
    11-21-2015 11:35 AM
    I think I stated very clear why I got the screen protector I got. The screen's glare was just too much. If you don't want one, fine, no need to belittle people.
    11-21-2015 04:02 PM
    I respectfully suggest its a question of choice or necessity. I dare not NOT use a glass screen saver on a mobile device if it has a touch screen. I live 750m from the estuary and my land is sand so dust particles get into pockets and just about everywhere.

I bought the Surface 3 not long ago and have an armour glass fitted, can't tell its there yet if it get marked all I have to do is replace it. Same will all my mobile phone collection EXCEPT the Samsung galaxy S6 Edge+ Like most owners with this one particular mobile we can't seem to find a brand that is satisfactory. Got one fitted to my Lumia 640xl and it fine.
    I have today ordered the Surface Pro 4 and this evening also ordered a 9h glass screen protector. If applied properly one cant tell they are there. Some are much better than others so its a question of experimentation.

Choice is an absolute must and no one should feel bad about placing a screen protector on a touch screen device.

Regards, Ryland.
    Teacrot likes this.
    11-21-2015 09:23 PM
    thanks for the tips guys. Currently looking on eBay to see what I can get to Singapore.

I find it odd that some SP4 glass screen protectors have pictures of an SP3... do they fit each model (with the speaker holes)?
    02-11-2016 06:41 AM