Can I get some help with my Microsoft Surface Pro 3?

cynthia cline

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
help with microsoft surface pro 3

I am working with a special needs student who uses a microsoft surface pro 3 with a vision tracker to enable him to move around the computer. He is wanting to be able to record his teachers lectures while he takes notes or highlights notes the teachers send him in power point. I don't know much about the surface. Is there a built in app that will allow him to record and is there a built in mic? If so how do we access it. If not does anyone have any recommendations that would help him.

Adam_ation

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Re: help with microsoft surface pro 3

OneNote will allow him to highlight notes sent from the teacher, im not sure about recording though.

Yes the SP3 has a built in mic, im sorry i cannot be of much help - Adam

Adam_ation

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site

Hi again ive done a bit more research, you can either use the free version of OneNote and have the SP3 camera app recording in the background.

Or you can use the Onenote version that comes with Office 365 (if you happen to have it) which has a recording feature built in so you can record whilst taking notes all within the same app, this is ideal as it will keep your videos and notes together so when reviewing your notes you can also view the video that was recording at the same time - Adam

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site

Try downloading here: Download OneNote

click Windows desktop where it says "Also available on."

Also, if that doesn't work, then you can see about getting the student edition of Office365. Maybe even get a discount because he's special needs.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb