White Screen When Multi Tasking - Tablet Mode

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I'll put it out there that i noticed this before and after the fall update... It's just really starting to irk me now, even though it may not be a major issue.

Device: SP4

When multi tasking in tablet mode, if i swipe out from the left to bring up task view, and select another app, there is a white screen for a brief period (maybe like half a second) before the app launches.. This happens with all apps I've tried, even edge and the settings app. If i have the keyboard attached in tablet mode and use windows key + tab to bring up task view, the same things happens.

However, if I use alt + tab to scroll through the open apps in tablet mode, it does not happen.

So it seems to be something with task view.

Is anyone else noticing this or is it just me?

P.S does not happen in desktop mode.

ioaniro

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure what you mean... when i swipe from the left in tablet mode I see for a split second the image i have for background image...

ioaniro

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I see what you mean, I tested it in the same way and seems to happen to mine too but mostly with microsoft apps (mail, calendar). Not sure if it's because the bg of those apps is white. But it doesn't seem to happen always, if i go to mail then swipe from left then chose mail again it doesn't happen. Also, it doesn't happen with firefox, skype, nextgen reader. So microsoft app weirdness?

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I see what you mean, I tested it in the same way and seems to happen to mine too but mostly with microsoft apps (mail, calendar). Not sure if it's because the bg of those apps is white. But it doesn't seem to happen always, if i go to mail then swipe from left then chose mail again it doesn't happen. Also, it doesn't happen with firefox, skype, nextgen reader. So microsoft app weirdness?

Yes it doesn't happen when you go back to the same app. So I think its some kind of memory / cache problem. Happens with everything. Even with the settings app

tennisfan#AC

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
I just tested my SP4 and instead of a white screen I got a black blank screen for a quick second. However, I have not been able to repeat it so I am wondering if it happens after there has been no task view for a long period of time.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I just tested my SP4 and instead of a white screen I got a black blank screen for a quick second. However, I have not been able to repeat it so I am wondering if it happens after there has been no task view for a long period of time.

Happens all the time with me

Justinian84

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I've seen this on all the Surfaces I have tested. It's just the way apps switch right now in tablet mode. Hopefully they work out a way to make it look less jarring in future.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Several OS and Firmware udpates later and this problem is still pretty much present.

Does no one from Microsoft Notice this??

Ahzriaz

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

I ended up here because my phone running windows 10 preview does the same.
Even when unlocking the device I get a white screen for a split second. Very annoying.

But your post has way to little reponse. I have the same problem (yes not a feature) on my windows 10 tablet.
The switching between programs/apps in desktop mode looks good but when in tablet mode it looks like crap.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I ended up here because my phone running windows 10 preview does the same.
Even when unlocking the device I get a white screen for a split second. Very annoying.

But your post has way to little reponse. I have the same problem (yes not a feature) on my windows 10 tablet.
The switching between programs/apps in desktop mode looks good but when in tablet mode it looks like crap.

At least we re not alone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium