Screen flex with pen?

zkyevolved

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys. When writing with the pen, do you guys ever see the glass touch the screen and create a tiny ripple effect? It's barely noticeable. I had never noticed it on my SP2; but I am noticing it on my SP4!

zkyevolved

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Much thinner glass on the SP4. I think it's normal.

So you see it, too? Then I guess it's normal! Haha. It didn't really bother me either. But having a SP2, I had never seen it before... It just made me think about it for a few and say... Hmmm.... xD

Thank you!

zkyevolved

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I mean, I see it as something that could be normal. The device is so thin, and the screen is more than 20% larger than my previous surface. So I can completely understand why it flexes, I just wanted to make sure.

Thanks guys!

WildKarrde

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
I noticed it too. Cant say it didn't at bother me, but I assumed it's normal, and have gotten used to it. Glad to see confirmation that it's normal.

eran says

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site
Definitely notice it. Bothers me only because I'm used to the sp1. Although I don't remember the screen flex in my Vaio Flip 14 which had a bigger screen.

ryankelsey7

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Yeah. At the devices event they talked up the fact that the screen is much thinner than anything on the market and how they combined the digitizer layer into the panel and making the glass thinner. I noticed this the first day I used it. Having come from a sp1 I was used to a rigid display. I hope that this doesn't somehow degrade the pixels or backlighting over time. It feels much nicer to write on compared to original pen...although other Wacom pens do have different nibs as well. I used similar nibs on my SS7 slate.

If anyone is interested, I have 4 brand new packs of the official Microsoft nibs for sale ($6 each). They mistakenly sent me five packs and I only need one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)