Screen flicker in dark room about 25% brightness

Jan777

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Have installed latest Fall update of windows and firmware updates for Surface Pro 4. Battery life is abysmal (less than 4 hours, surfing, watching html5-videos, nothing more), using Chrome, the fans spins on about every 30 minutes and can last for quite a while on full.
But, the most annoying issue, when in a darker environment, and the screen goes dimmer to about 25%, a constant flicker especially noticable on white browser window. Its a small, constant flicker. At first I thought it was the autoadjust that had gone wrong, but issue persist with manual low brightness setting, and after reboot.
Anyone else experiencing?
Even if it feels like a quality device, and the first impression was good, the more I use it, the more small annoyances I find. I think windows 8.1 was a much more solid touch interface, this feels finicky and very, very unfinished and immature.

tgreg88

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I had that issue and turning the auto adjust off in the settings fixed it for me. Having the auto adjust on made it flicker in low light and also the brightness settings would be all messed up if I tried to adjust it manually, like anything below 50% on the slider was always the same brightness of what should have been 0%, and then going above 50% on the slider would make it go up really fast so between 50 and 75 on the slider was really 0-75. After turning the auto adjust off completely the slider works correctly and I have no flicker.

ohmz55

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
I have this issue and it can affect the screen even up to 50% brightness. I have auto adjust turned off. i5 256gb. I'm wondering if it's a hardware or software issue

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro