Turn Off Screen, Pen Stops Working

RichBrown68

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
This has only started happening recently (maybe after a recent update?) . Now, any time I turn off my screen or it goes off by itself, my Pen stops writing. The button will still call up either Onenote or Cortana....but the tip end won't write or act as a mouse pointer....and the eraser end won't erase. Any thoughts?

RichBrown68

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
Actually I just figured it out myself. A few days ago, when I was trying to figure out the display-driver issues that I occasionally (but not often) experience, I decided to roll back to the July version of the Intel graphics driver rather than the more recent one. So a moment ago, I decided to go back to the more recent September (I think) update of the driver.....and the pen immediately started working.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Actually I just figured it out myself. A few days ago, when I was trying to figure out the display-driver issues that I occasionally (but not often) experience, I decided to roll back to the July version of the Intel graphics driver rather than the more recent one. So a moment ago, I decided to go back to the more recent September (I think) update of the driver.....and the pen immediately started working.

Thanks for sharing your fix for others :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven