Widi not working properly

DuStU

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
Hello,

So I try to connect to my ptv3000 or my fire tv and it locks up and drops connection after 2 minutes. Anyone having driver issues with miracast? I tried to update through Intels website and it couldn't detect that I even had Widi. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance!

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

tennisfan#AC

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
I have been using my Microsoft Wireless Adaptor and it works pretty good sometimes and at other times I experience the same issue you are having with the PTV3000.

DuStU

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
Man you know what just happened to me. I figured out that if I don't use extend it works more consistently instead of screen tearing and chopping out and eventually locking up my tablet. If you change resolution during the mirroring it also locks up and disconnects. So I got everything working finally just testing (after uninstalling the driver and letting windows reinstall). I close Widi and my touchscreen becomes unresponsive and the trackpad so only shortcuts are working! I hard restart and keyboard works but no touchscreen then restart again and everything back to normal. Man between windows 10 and the skylake processor that doesn't have proper drivers for everything yet this thing is super buggy! Thanks for the reply Tennis at least I see it isn't isolated to just me.

boltman2013

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
I use it with the Microsoft Wireless Adapter, seems to work fine . Occasionally have to restart the dongle to get sound. All Windows key+P choices work

GatsbyGlen

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
Roku works fine, the PTV3000 doesn't. I can't connect at all with it. In searching online a bit, it looks like it's not supported well with Win 10, but was ok with 8.1.

sadievan

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
First, you need to enable screen mirroring within the Roku. That's under the system settings. Then from the SP4, I go to the Action Center, Click the "Connect" tile (or Windows Key +K). It then finds the Roku.

Thanks. Will have to try that. Is this all done via wireless? Do you know if it works with Roku 2?

GatsbyGlen

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site

sadievan

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99