I am using a Surface Pro 4 i7 and am encountering a very odd issue. I have it connected to the Microsoft docking station and have 2 monitors connected to that.

My desire is to keep the keyboard/cover of the surface closed and only use the 2 monitors connected to the docking station. Doing this it will work for a while. But sooner or later I start getting random touch events, like I am clicking around except you can see the hover graphic indicating it is a touch and not a click. This should not be possible because the cover of the surface is closed. These events usually occur around the corners of my screen.

It doesn't seem to happen if I leave the cover of the surface open, (3 screens).
    11-25-2015 02:53 PM
    I just experimented with that today. I closed the keyboard cover and then pressed the power button so the two monitors would come back. That worked fine.
    I opened the keyboard cover and the display was off, but if I touched it I could see touch indicators on the main large monitor and it would move things.
    So maybe when you reactivate the SP4 to view the connected monitors it is actually reactivating the touch screen interface as well under the keyboard cover.
    11-25-2015 06:59 PM
    Thanks,

I will play around with it and see if I can narrow it down. I should say that I did a windows update the first time I logged in. But after I posted this I checked again and there was another really big update available... I also installed the drivers for the monitors I am using. That is something I don't generally do as things always work fine with whatever drivers Windows picks. If it continues to happen next week I will take a video and put it on youtube.
    11-26-2015 10:56 AM
    This issue persists. I gave up. I leave the sp4 open now using 3 screens. There are lots of other display issues I have encountered with the sp4.

When undocking and redocking the sp4 sometimes the sp4 built in screen wont turn back on at all until it is rebooted.
    When undocking and redocking the sp4 sometimes the sp4 built in screen will come back on upside down.
    When undocking and redocking the sp4 sometimes an error message about a display driver crash will appear. At that point windows/text start displaying at random sizes. Desktop icons will show up HUGE or tiny.

It seems the display issues with the sp4 are pretty well documented on various forums. I will just wait and hope for a driver update.
    12-08-2015 07:35 AM
    Mine does the same with the type cover closed. It's connected via the mini DisplayPort (I don't have the dock)
    12-08-2015 06:22 PM
    Mine does it too. I have the dock. I have the SP4 set to leave the screen off, and project the screen on to my external monitor though the dock. Want to know what else is strange? Try touching the screen of your SP4. You'll notice it registers your touch. You can select things and swipe around (blindly). Microsoft needs to change the settings so that touch isn't registered when we are using it in this manner, and it should then allow the cover to be on the device while docked.
    12-08-2015 11:23 PM