Was upgraded from 8.x a few weeks ago before I got it, and since I have put files on it, installed a few apps, installed Office 2007 home/student, itunes, and a few other things. Put it in sleep mode last night by pushing the power button and closing it up. When I pushed the button again this morning, it stayed on the "Surface" logo for a long time, then told me it got a "driver_power_state_failure" error and needed to be restarted. Now it will not restart past that "Surface" logo. How can I either recover it, or boot it in safe mode, so I can fix this? And what do I do to fix it? Please help.
    11-25-2015 03:50 PM
    I'm having the same issue this morning and haven't recovered yet. If you have any recommendations please let me know.
    12-22-2015 10:26 AM
    You'll have try to boot into "safemode"
    3 Ways to Boot Windows 10 Into Safe mode

Sadly I think they took out the old way of pressing F8

But I think you'll have to make a bootable W10 USB drive, then insert the USB then follow the following steps from:
    https://forums.windowscentral.com/e?...token=pWMV2lr5

You'll then want to backup your data once in SafeMode ASAP. After that you can try a "Refresh", if that doesn't work, you'll have to do a "Reset" back to factory, and re-install your apps, programs, data.

I ran into this a couple of days ago, when I forced my SP3 to use the new SP4 pen. The only way I got out was to start all over with a fresh install :(
    12-22-2015 10:18 PM