Returned SP4 - Please let me know if/when they are fixed.

bradleyj

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Fellow SP4 owners, my 30 day return period was expiring and I wasn't brave enough to keep my Surface Pro 4 in its current condition. Mine suffered from:
  • Severe battery drain and warmth while asleep
  • Intermittently being unresponsive/unable to "wake up" or turn on.
  • Audio quirks
  • [Rare] Intermittent failure of the touch screen
  • Intermittent Blue Screens
The inability to trust it to wake up was one of the worst parts (it actually did that to me during a public presentation). Also, during one of the blue-screens an audio book disappeared/was deleted? The prospect of data-loss was also a major factor. Finally, the battery drain was too much to handle.

For those of you who are brave enough to hold onto yours, please come back to this thread and let me know if these issues are ever fixed. I'm not interested in hacks; I am looking for Microsoft to release updates that will solve especially the sleep issues and the occasional unresponsiveness/inability to turn on/activate.

Thanks everyone! I'm sure there are others who would like to re-buy if these problems are fixed.

ryankelsey7

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I have until the 13th to return mine and I am about ready to pull the trigger. My experience has improved some, but I still have crashes and touch responsiveness is sooo spotty. Sadly, right now, my surface 2 out performs my sp4 i5. My sp1 also is much better. The only thing better than those devices is the way the screen looks and the keyboard. I'll give it until the 10th or the eleventh and if I'm still having problems, I gotta return this baby.

Grimmric

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
Have you tried to update the Intel Graphic driver that GatsbyGlen provided in another topic?
It fixed my problem with battery drain and unable to wakeup after sleep.

ryland Johnson

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site
Never had any of these issues. Sorry. What variation did you have?

Me either but even professional reviewers have given 2* for this device. There does appear to be some serious issues with a rather large % of this model? I feel so sorry for those who are having these issues and the frustration one must feel is very real indeed. I have zero problems with mine, TO DATE, but have considered returning it due to the sheer amount of those who have identical problems.
One would have thought MS would be doing back flips trying to resolve these situations. The return rate must be way high?

I cannot understand why so many have problems yet, to date, we don't? I just hope we both manage to remain problem free. I am very impressed with the Surface pro 4.

To those who have these problems I sincerely hope MS rectifies them ASAP. This is not a cheap device and MS has experience in this field that should have prevented this situation arising in the first place. I don't think there is any doubt this particular iteration of the Surface line has some serious issues.
I recall with horror going through this very situation with an Asus Transformer product some few years ago. I so wanted to keep it but wow where they faulty. Hardware problems not software and Asus where simply disgraceful in even acknowledging the problem and when they eventually did they did NOTHING.

Best wishes to one and all, Ryland

bradleyj

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Ryland and others for responding. I am surprised to hear that there are people who don't have some of these problems. I wonder if you just use your Surface differently? Different settings?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12