Man, we need a better onscreen keyboard, like Swiftkey

HES

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
I agree. The keyboard sucks and Swiftkey need to be allowed to play in the Win 10 environment. However I'll take it a step further and say that MS needs to allow 3rd party keyboards. We use our SPs for doing architectural drawing in the field. It sure would be nice to have a dedicated 10 key that I could use that has all of the numbers, plus - and / and " and ' instead of having to flip back and forth. If 3rd party keyboards were allowed I could at least have one like that developed so we can use it.

HES

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
I did. I set it to default to keyboard and it's still doing it. Not sure if it's my device or something else I'm doing wrong.
Where did you try to set it? I am experiencing the same problem and for the life of me can't figure out where the settings live.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Bump. Microsoft, are you listening? This device is still very painful to type on.

I share your pain.

i love my surface pro 4 but i HATE typing on it without the keyboard. It takes forever to type...

All the need to do is implement word flow on the surface pro 4.... i dont know why it's that hard...

I feel like crying everytime i want to type without the keyboard.

Nikolay Pavlov

Aug 27, 2018
Visit site
I share your pain.

i love my surface pro 4 but i HATE typing on it without the keyboard. It takes forever to type...

All the need to do is implement word flow on the surface pro 4.... i dont know why it's that hard...

I feel like crying everytime i want to type without the keyboard.

I misread your post, thought you said "cringing" instead of "crying". I was gonna say, absolutely yes, I cringe every time I fire up the software kbd on this tablet...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans