Is it with getting the Surface Dock for Surface Pro 4

eran says

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site
What so you guys think? Is it worth getting the Surface Dock for the Surface Pro 4?
It's going to depend on how you use your surface. If you want to use multiple external monitors, or connect using ethernet, then yes. Otherwise it's just a slightly more expensive backup charging cable.

brianbrain

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
If you want to hook your surface up to dual monitors, then it's your only option.

I've been weighing it myself, but I only have a single monitor I connect to, and my keyboard/mouse are BT. Essentially all I'm saving myself is the time to disconnect and reconnect my display and speakers, so I'm finding it hard to justify.

Similarly, even if you needed the ethernet or more USB ports, you could always buy a USB ethernet adapter and/or a USB hub. Combined, those last two items would come in significantly cheaper than the dock.

Then again, the dock eliminates all of those cables sticking out of your beautiful surface - can we put a price on aesthetics and convenience?

MCube74

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
The only use for me would be the additional USB ports and the ethernet port. I guess it will be better for me to get a USB hub instead.

MCube74

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Today I picked up the Surface Pro Dock for about US $115. I was at the store thinking if I should buy it or not and then the guy at the store told me that if I had credit card points I could redeem it as cash points and get it for no charge. The funny thing is that I had transferred nearly 3000 points to Asia Miles last week and didn't think I would have any points remaining but to my surprise I had enough to cash deduct US$93.

So I figured that I had been thinking whether I should get the dock or not but now that I only have to pay US $115 then it should be a better deal for me. So I got it.

I have already hooked it up to my Surface Pro 4 and all is well so far. Touch wood.

1.JPG2.JPG3.JPG4.JPG5.JPG

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)