Surface Pro 3 killed by winload.efi (0xc000000f) error while updating Win 10, what can I do?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Surface pro 3 killed by winload.efi (0xc000000f) error while updating win 10

How do I repair my Surface Pro 3 after it got MURDERED in the middle of a win 10 update?? NEVER could imagine a simple update would kill both this weekend (searching for solutions) and upcoming work week.
Tried changing the boot routine in UEFI to start with USB. The USB drive (brand new 8Gb) is made bootable with Rufus, and EasyRE installed ISO (Impossible to find out any other way to make a REPAIR drive).
Nothing happens. Same Error, WHATEVER I do. USB seems to be ignored.

All this technology, and MS kills the boot files in the middle of an update...

jaanibrahim

Feb 18, 2016
Visit site
Re: Surface pro 3 killed by winload.efi (0xc000000f) error while updating win 10

How do I repair my Surface Pro 3 after it got MURDERED in the middle of a win 10 update?? NEVER could imagine a simple update would kill both this weekend (searching for solutions) and upcoming work week.
Tried changing the boot routine in UEFI to start with USB. The USB drive (brand new 8Gb) is made bootable with Rufus, and EasyRE installed ISO (Impossible to find out any other way to make a REPAIR drive).
Nothing happens. Same Error, WHATEVER I do. USB seems to be ignored.

All this technology, and MS kills the boot files in the middle of an update...

Use a external hdd
Format the hdd with any software that makes external hdd to fat 32
Copy image to external hdd which you have to download it from the Microsoft website connect external hard drive to the Microsoft Surface and you're good to go if you have any issues let me know don't use USB drives just use a external hard drive 500gb or 1tb

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett