Problems When Connecting SP4 to an External Monitor, can I get some help?

Hartley555

Dec 28, 2015
Visit site
Problems When Connecting SP4 to an External Monitor

I have had my SP4 for two days now and can't figure out how to configure the display for my LG Ultra Wide Monitor. I thought one of the advertised features of Windows 10 was that the display automatically adjusted to suit how you wanted to use your device. If I adjust the resolution while plugged into my monitor, it also changes the resolution of my SP4 when I use it as a tablet. I am finding this very frustrating. I have tried turning the Tablet Mode on and off but can't seem to find a solution.

csharpguy76

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Re: Problems When Connecting SP4 to an External Monitor

Are you trying to set it to the full resolution 3840 x 2160 30hz or 1920 x 1080 60hz or lower?

I had problems getting the UHD to work on my monitor a week ago when I got my Surface Pro 4. Windows 10 Display setting won't save my resolution settings at all.

So what I did was go to Advance Display Properties for the selected monitor and from the List of Modes select the highest (30hz or 60hz if your cable supports it) and apply the changes. I had to turn off the Surface Display and only show Display 2 (UHD) only.

If you want to have both monitor to work, I had to download the latest Intel IRIS drivers and manually install their drivers, don't run the setup.exe it won't work. You need to go to your display advance settings and then update the driver by providing the path of the drivers you have download and extracted. After you have updated your driver, when you right click on your desktop you will see Intel Display Options from here you can configure your dual monitor settings and resolutions. Let me know how you go!

David.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Strange. My resolutions settings change when connected to the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter and mirrored to my TV.

Heck, it even saves the resolution setting depending on what TV I'm using.

Once I connect, it adjusts automatically to whatever the last setting was on THAT specific TV. Once i disconnect, it returns to normal resolution

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss