Wifi issue coming out of sleep

slysy

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
When I power the device on, it says "no internet" next to my wifi connection. If I disconnect and immediately reconnect to wifi, it then works OK. It happens on two SP4s so not a device issue.

Has anyone else had the issue?
Is there a fix?

I'm using an Asus RT-AC68u router and have tried updating firmware, which didn't fix it. It also occurs on both 2G and 5G wifi.

boltman2013

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
When I power the device on, it says "no internet" next to my wifi connection. If I disconnect and immediately reconnect to wifi, it then works OK. It happens on two SP4s so not a device issue.

Is there a fix?

I'm using an Asus RT-AC68u router and have tried updating firmware, which didn't fix it. It also occurs on both 2G and 5G wifi.

Newsflash..sleep is broken currently. Turn on and turn off

boltman2013

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
So is everyone else having this same issue with wifi? I didn't see any other threads mentioning it

Everyone else got the message not to use sleep so its a non-issue, we are all waiting for a sleep fix in 2016

If it continues when not using sleep and turning off then on then you have a issue

five0feaux7

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site

Is there a fix?

Check your "Connected Standby" parameters on your laptop/tablet.........make sure it's set to 1 and not zero. Many people who had problems with their battery draining fast modified their "Connected Standby" settings to fix their battery issue.

However, in doing so this would disconnect their WiFi when the computer is turned off resulting in them turning on their WiFi every time they power their PC back on.

In sum, Connected Standby is a Windows base command that tells your PC to "stay connected to WIFI while your PC is not turned on which gives it the same functions as our cellphone. However, with it being turned on it will cause significant battery drain. When turn off it will save your battery life and force you to connect to Wifi everyone you turn on your laptop/tablet.

slysy

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for that. I did disable connected standby, so that does sound like the issue. How can I re-enable it please? Changing the CsEnabled registry key back to 1 and rebooting does not seem to have worked :(

Edit - I found a way to re-enable CS (installing and then uninstalling hyper-V). This has also fixed the problem with wifi. Thanks!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos