Surface Pro 4 pen randomly stops working

Rustican

Dec 14, 2015
Visit site
I just picked up a Surface Pro 4 and have been seeing the following problem. The pen suddenly stops working. I checked to make sure I have the latest updates.

I can still click the eraser and it launches One Note but the tip is no longer recognized. When I check the Bluetooth devices it is still connected. Disconnecting and pairing doesn't fix the issue.

The only way I get the pen to work again is to reboot the Surface. Anyone else running into this?

Do I have a defective tablet or pen or both? Thanks.

Rustican

Dec 14, 2015
Visit site
The Surface has locked up twice now while I was doing some web browsing. It was unresponsive to any inputs and I had to hold the power button to reboot it. This has been a massive disappointment. Going to send it back.

right_mr1

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
If you ensure your device is fully up to date in terms of system updates, it should hopefully deal with most of those issues. Alternatively, the pen may be faulty, or the bluetooth on your device could have the issue. I would probably look to exchange it.

I am also still experiencing some issues with the device not waking up from its sleep state and it still draining battery.

I've only had one issue with the device with the edge browser not opening up and I had to reboot it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12