Surface Pro 4 i5, 4gb ram or 8gb ram?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Surface Pro4 i5, 4gb ram or 8gb ram

Hi, I am trying to decide on going with a 4gb ram or a 8gb ram for Surface Pro 4. I already own a good laptop and a desktop, so I am really just trying to buy something super light (don't want to replace my laptop with surface pro). I would mainly use the surface pro 4 for using Word, watching videos, Internet surfing (watching videos or shopping). I do not really plan on using it for running heavy programs such as Photoshop. The most intensive job that I might have my surface pro 4 is League of Legends (not likely but possible). 4gb ram is obviously much more within my budget range. If I were to just use it for simple daily tasks, is 4gb ram enough?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Surface Pro4 i5, 4gb ram or 8gb ram

If your primary focus is light productivity and gaming alongside media consumption - the only advantage with Core i5 + 8GB RAM will likely be the boost in SSD from 128 to 256GB. Extra RAM is always nice, but won't necessarily translate into a graphics boost.

For your use scenario, Surface Pro 4 with M3, 4GB RAM and 128GB SSD might be the ticket. That's an extra $100 towards accessories over the i5 4GB RAM model.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans