5.1 Audio Options?

uk_martin

Dec 11, 2015
Visit site
5.1 Audio Options

I'm looking for a spot of help please to get some decent sounds out of my Surface Pro 4.

My current configuration is this:
Surface Pro 4 with the i7 chip
Docking station with both video outputs linking to 2 x monitors
USB3 socket on docking station linking to 7 Port USB3 hub.
USB2 connection to my old Epson Scanner
Wireless connection to Synology 415+ NAS for lots of storage space.
Wireless connection to Synology Epson Printer.
Bluetooth connections to several devices.

Where I am failing is with my Audio output. I have an old Pro-Logic 5.1 Surround Sound system that connects via a 2.5mm jack plug and flat twin cable, much like earphones / headphones would. This worked well on my old PC which under older Windows systems gave me the choice to output to 5 speakers.

Sadly, The Surface Pro only allows for 2 speaker stereo, or so it would seem. I can connect the audio cable from the Docking Station to the Pro Logic Surround Sound system, but all I get are the Left & Right channels, but no sub-woofer, no "centre" and most conspicuously not much in the way of vocals (see "no centre")

Firstly, are there any improved audio drivers that can offer up 5 speaker output? (asio4all com is of interest but it all looks a bit technical for me)

Secondly, bearing in mind that both my mini display ports are in use, how else can I get 5.1 surround sound? I've tried a Bluetooth to stereo adapter to export Bluetooth audio to the Pro Logic system's audio jack , but that didn't work.

I have an external USB sound card on order, but I'm not holding my breath.

Are there any other options that I should be looking at if the external sound card does not work?

Thanks in advance.

ukmartin

Jan 26, 2016
Visit site
Re: 5.1 Audio Options

Not exactly sure if it solves the problem for Surface Pro users though. It looks like the computer in question uses Asus hardware, especially if Asus are providing the control panel and drivers. The same does not apply to the Surface Pro.

Or are you saying that the Netflix App installs surround sound drivers that can be used by the Surface Pro?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos