This is Why I kept my SP4

anon(5327127)

May 25, 2011
Visit site
It's a fantastic device. One of the guys here is using the core i7 version and it's pretty damn good but, for me, as I have gaming stuff elsewhere I've settled on the Core M version. Previously owned the i7 version of the SP3 but settled for the i3 in the end.

Great device, great screen, no actual issues (I don't use sleep as it's fast enough to just switch it back on and I've updated the Intel drivers)

Roll on the SP5.

CraigCole

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
I agree but with an asterisk. The Surface Pro 4 form factor is astounding. It's light, beautifully designed and has a great keyboard. The screen is nothing short of GORGEOUS and the touch capability is something is use all the time. The SP4 has replaced a laptop as my all-day, every-day computer. I love it.

However, not everything's perfect. Reliability is borderline atrocious, with "critical events" popping up in the reliability history nearly everyday. Sometimes apps don't open, often the type-cover will disconnect and reconnect randomly, the Surface Pen has lost Bluetooth connectivity once or twice for no reason, and don't get me started on the display driver and sleep issues :angry::angry::angry: Microsoft NEEDS TO FIX THESE FATAL FLAWS!!!

billyboyblue

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
I agree but with an asterisk. The Surface Pro 4 form factor is astounding. It's light, beautifully designed and has a great keyboard. The screen is nothing short of GORGEOUS and the touch capability is something is use all the time. The SP4 has replaced a laptop as my all-day, every-day computer. I love it.

However, not everything's perfect. Reliability is borderline atrocious, with "critical events" popping up in the reliability history nearly everyday. Sometimes apps don't open, often the type-cover will disconnect and reconnect randomly, the Surface Pen has lost Bluetooth connectivity once or twice for no reason, and don't get me started on the display driver and sleep issues :angry::angry::angry: Microsoft NEEDS TO FIX THESE FATAL FLAWS!!!

Honestly, I think -everything- wrong with the device is related to software, and not hardware. I'm going nuts over the ( even small amount ) of light bleed at the bottom of my device :( but otherwise , love it :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte