When will the Surface Pro 4 price drop

PlayaHefe

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
Hello,
This is my second post to the website and wanted to know. If anyone knew when the surface pro 4 price will drop. I want the 1,500 and the 1000 priced surface pro 4 but I wanna get at least a gift card with the purchase or something to make it a better deal. If anyone knows about any deals or the time the price will drop on them. Please let me know.

seremify

May 9, 2015
Visit site
Still relatively early days but at least in Asia and Australia, getting 10% off (the same as the student discount) should be achievable when stores have sales. If you're really lucky you might get 15% off which is the current student rate in Australia for SP4/accessories.

Karl C

Jan 28, 2016
Visit site
Got mine from Microcenter too: i5 8gb 256. $1049. You can pricematch with BestBuy.

If you have a child in school you may also be eligible for the 10% student discount.

boltman2013

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
I think the surface price is ridicolous if being used as a PC. A good laptop costs less and is more powerful, and has a better heat dispersion.

So you think the form factor of the future is bad for a student? My oldest flew though last couple years of college on a SP3 the one note inking capabilities are unmatched and perfect for a student. I think you are thinking like an adult that has had laptops. Things are changing and laptops are being replaced by hybrids.

Kid you are on the right track don't listen to old timers embrace your future.

CapoFantasma97

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
So you think the form factor of the future is bad for a student? My oldest flew though last couple years of college on a SP3 the one note inking capabilities are unmatched and perfect for a student. I think you are thinking like an adult that has had laptops. Things are changing and laptops are being replaced by hybrids.

If you have money to spend for the lastest Surface Pro, good for you, but it doesn't automatically make it "the future". And I wouldn't call it like that.

Different devices are made for different purposes (with the exception of Apple products eheh *pun*).

When thinking to buy, you should have in mind 3 key points: Comfort, price and performance; also, an important thing is also how you will use it.

For starters, a 1000$ device just for taking notes with a not really long lasting battery, I don't think it is a very good idea. Also, I type faster than hand writing, mostly because I just have to tap a button rather than "draw" the corresponding letter.

As a second point, I think that as a student like any other, all of us love play videogames, and also some of us have different passions and hobbies like modelling, animating, creating graphics, composing music, and so on.

Well, all the line of Surface products don't have a really good performance compared to its price. And also while it's easy and comfortable to do all of this with a laptop, especially with a nice base with fans to keep it cool, a Surface overheats way too easily and doesn't have a design where you could help it by cooling it externally.

About accessories, they are way too expensive too. A touch cover keyboard is also quite uncomfortable, while with the money of a type cover keyboard you could buy a professional keyboard instead (not that you should, but that's quite awful if comparing the situation).

Surface products are fine, in my family we have 2 Surfaces Pro, but it surely isn't the best line of devices nor the future.

Last edited:

boltman2013

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
If you have money to spend for the lastest Surface Pro, good for you, but it doesn't automatically make it "the future". And I wouldn't call it like that.

Different devices are made for different purposes (with the exception of Apple products eheh *pun*).

When thinking to buy, you should have in mind 3 key points: Comfort, price and performance; also, an important thing is also how you will use it.

For starters, a 1000$ device just for taking notes with a not really long lasting battery, I don't think it is a very good idea. Also, I type faster than hand writing, mostly because I just have to tap a button rather than "draw" the corresponding letter.

As a second point, I think that as a student like any other, all of us love play videogames, and also some of us have different passions and hobbies like modelling, animating, creating graphics, composing music, and so on.

Well, all the line of Surface products don't have a really good performance compared to its price. And also while it's easy and comfortable to do all of this with a laptop, especially with a nice base with fans to keep it cool, a Surface overheats way too easily and doesn't have a design where you could help it by cooling it externally.

About accessories, they are way too expensive too. A touch cover keyboard is also quite uncomfortable, while with the money of a type cover keyboard you could buy a professional keyboard instead (not that you should, but that's quite awful if comparing the situation).

Surface products are fine, in my family we have 2 Surfaces Pro, but it surely isn't the best line of devices nor the future.

Then you have not been observant , look around hybrids are the future

kelton

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
There are different use cases, of course. You make good points and they are certainly well known (and explain why many continue to buy normal laptops).

You are also making the case for buying the much cheaper Surface 3 (non-pro). For using the office suite and taking handwritten notes, why the need for the power and expense of the pro versions?

In my case, I often find that I am standing while needing to take notes. Laptops are nothing more than useless, dead weight when standing. I often use my Samsung Note 4 for this, but that screen is often too small to be efficient.

For gaming, a cheap, quad-core desktop might be the ticket for dorm use.

Davidz

Jan 4, 2016
Visit site
No one know what the future will bring, but I'll make this prediction. You'll see many Surface Pro 4 clones on the market in the next year or 2 and they will be more stable and cheaper. I wouldn't be surprised if there's an SP4 equivalent on the market in the next 2 or 3 years for half of the current cost.

boltman2013

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
...and why is that?

I explained rationally with a wall of text my opinion, you instead just came out with an inconsistent excuse, and maybe you didn't even read fully.

Because of several reasons.... portability, battery life, flexibility, newest tech... need more?
Your wall of text is old school thinking. Face it you are looking a a current niche market segment and I am looking at the rest and the future trajectory of devices.

I'm a power user and the SP4m3 is my favorite computer ever. Hybrtids are the future whether you like it or not.

Just like the cars market...V8 or Prius? Time marches on regardless of how "rational your explanation" is.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site

My bro has the HP 2-in-1 that flips and it's really great. There are plenty of 2-in-1 products from other brands available that are much cheaper. So look around and see what you like best. Lenovos new ones are pretty sweet too.

ajj3085

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
No one know what the future will bring, but I'll make this prediction. You'll see many Surface Pro 4 clones on the market in the next year or 2 and they will be more stable and cheaper. I wouldn't be surprised if there's an SP4 equivalent on the market in the next 2 or 3 years for half of the current cost.

In two or three years the SP6 will be out, with better specs.

boltman2013

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Hello,
This is my second post to the website and wanted to know. If anyone knew when the surface pro 4 price will drop. I want the 1,500 and the 1000 priced surface pro 4 but I wanna get at least a gift card with the purchase or something to make it a better deal. If anyone knows about any deals or the time the price will drop on them. Please let me know.

It dropped today....

Surface Pro 4 models receive $100 discount at the Microsoft Store ? WinBeta
Microsoft has reduced the price of the latest Surface Pro 4 by $100 in the US. Almost all models are a part of this promotion (the 1TB model being the exception). The promotion is for a limited time and will end on February 27th so users interested in picking up the tablet have to act fast. This follows a string of discounts including discounting the price of the Band 2 by $50 until February 20th.

Here’s a breakdown of the new prices of the Surface Pro 4 after discount:

Intel Core m3 processor, 128GB of storage, 4GB of RAM: $799 ($719.10 after 10% edu)
Intel Core i5 processor, 128GB of storage, 4GB of RAM: $899
Intel Core i5 processor, 256GB of storage, 8GB of RAM: $1,199
Intel Core i7 processor, 256GB of storage, 8GB of RAM: $1,499
Intel Core i7 processor, 256GB of storage, 16GB of RAM: $1,699

PlayaHefe

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
Thank you, I been checking on it on the Microsoft website. I seen the prices. I was thinking hard, seeing this might be there best deal for a while. I decided to wait it out. I want a new tablet but, looking and how windows 10 edge runs on my dell venue pro 8. Im willing to wait.

kelton

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
You can only price match at Best Buy if you have an actual Micro Center store within 30 miles of your local Best Buy.

When I figure the savings, buying directly from Microsoft is around $175 more expensive (once you buy the keyboard) when using the Education Discount.

That said, I wonder if you are more likely to get a more recently produced Surface directly from Microsoft....and if it easier to return or manage any concerns when bought directly from Microsoft. That's worth something if so

PlayaHefe

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
You can only price match at Best Buy if you have an actual Micro Center store within 30 miles of your local Best Buy.

When I figure the savings, buying directly from Microsoft is around $175 more expensive (once you buy the keyboard) when using the Education Discount.

That said, I wonder if you are more likely to get a more recently produced Surface directly from Microsoft....and if it easier to return or manage any concerns when bought directly from Microsoft. That's worth something if so

I wish they had a store here where I live. I just want to spend about a thousand for the i5 8gb surface 4. Because I need a new 950 XL for 500. That would be my spending goal for both.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs