Should I upgrade from SP3 i3 to SP4 m3?

Matt Manahan

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
I just bought a Surface Pro 3 i3 a couple of weeks ago b/c the price is only $599. Now that the Surface Pro 4 M3 is on sale for $799, I'm very tempted to return the SP3 for the SP4.

Think the $200 with worth the upgrade?

Thanks!

Unearnedtrix

Jan 3, 2016
Visit site
Bestbuy has hp spectre x2 $600 has core m3 4gb ram plus keyboard
If youre interested in core m3 i recommend this machine, i have it and runs smoothly and fast

anon(5327127)

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I do not recommend the HP x2 as it REALLY feels cheap. VERY cheap.

Okay... I've owned the following: Sp1, SP2, SP3 i7 then the i3 SP3. I then changed to the Core M SP4 and in every single way it's an improvement over the i3 SP3. It's lighter, thinner, no fan, runs cool, it's faster than the i3 etc. No brainer.

P.s. The HP x2 really does feel like a cheap device. Initially I had a quick look at PC World, liked it, but then realised it's nowhere near as solid as the SP line.

Eric J F

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
My SP4 m3 isn't very buggy. I've had it for a couple months and haven't had any major problems. There is minor light bleed as reported by others, but it's only noticeable on start up.

The only persistent bug is the occasional freeze if I try to resize the Edge window while changing the Surface's orientation.

I've never had a tablet or even a high-end device before, but I wouldn't hesitate to replace it if I needed to- it's a really nice device.

Matt Manahan

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
It's working well so far. I'm enjoying it better than SP3 i3. I've done some light photoshop work and mainly use it for browsing the web. It did crash once. Other than that, it's fairly smooth and quick. And no fan is definitely a bonus.

I don't have much info on the battery life as I've used it plugged in mainly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon