When using Chrome, the fan spins endlessly, even if I have only one tab. Anyone else?

spetstnelis

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
When using Chrome, the fan spins endlessly, even if I have only one tab. Anyone else? Is this an issue with the Skylake processors? It appears to be a battery hog. By comparison, my SP4 seems to be quieter when I am using Edge instead. I like Edge and would use it as my daily driver, but I have three red flags: (1) When playing a video, the whole website begins to shake, (2) There is no "Open in private tab" option, and (3) not so touch-friendly. I wish the navigation bar (with the URL and back/forward buttons) were on the bottom when in tablet mode.

Edit: I forgot to mention, my SP4 has the i5 processor.

Last edited:

Grimmric

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
Is there any difference if you go to other sites?
Can you give me an example so i can try?
I have a i5 and use chrome and the fan never starts to spin.
When i play wow or other heavy usage, it comes on as a whisper.

Cleavitt76

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Chrome is well known for being a battery/cpu/memory hog. This has been an issue on mobile devices for years now, although Google was supposed to have reduced the issue somewhat in recent releases. It's also possible that you are using a plug-in that isn't behaving correctly. Try disabling them one at a time while keeping an eye on Windows Task Manager and see if you can identify any issues.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos