Might be a stupid question, but a year ago I got a Dell Venue 8 Pro, and that device didn't work with the soft tip stylus !!!
    When scrolling on webpages it kept clicking every now and then, also on the start screen...
    My wife will go ballistic if I get another device that is not working the way she wants it to :-)
    Using the hard tip stylus that comes with the device is not an option...

Can anybody please confirm that the SP4 works fine with a soft tip ?
    The stores where I live don't have them for display so I can't test it myself...
    02-18-2016 08:36 AM
    if by soft tip you mean capacitive, then yes. However, I find it hard to believe you had a touch screen device that didn't work with one, it would be near impossible for a capcitive pen to not work on a touch screen device. Was it an active stylus that took a battery ?
    xandros9 likes this.
    02-18-2016 06:29 PM
    Not an active stylus. It was a normal soft tip, or capacitive if you will, that was working fine on my Surface 2. But when used with the Venue it caused clicking when it was swiped to scroll the webpage. This is actually a known issue if you search the web. Some people have it. But Dell will not acknowledge this as a problem since the pen was not delivered with the tablet. They just say that if it works with your finger then there is not a problem....
    02-19-2016 03:01 AM
    Thank you, now I can order my SP4 on the web. I tried it myself on an SP3 and that worked just fine so I think Microsoft is using high quality screens.
    02-19-2016 03:03 AM
    Works with minnie if you press down on it. Worked with the black one (some cheap thing came free with a case a got) not as much pressure needed. Did not work with note 5 stylus (lame lol)

But none work as great as the surface pen.

Ps. Why do all these stylus work on my phone and tab. And only 2 work on the surface? As well as why doesnt the surface pen work on my phone. They're all capasitive screens.
    02-28-2016 07:14 AM