Are there any third party power chargers for the Surface Pro 4?

Bataar

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
The thread title pretty much says it all. With official Surface Pro 4 chargers selling from between $60 and $80, I'm looking for a cheaper option. I see third party chargers for the Surface Pro 3 on Amazon that are rated very high selling for around $30. It's my understanding that due to different power requirements, SP3 chargers will not work with the SP4. Are there any other options you're aware of?

zkyevolved

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I got my third party charger for about 25. I think 80 is too much for a charger. I got it from China and have been using it for months on a daily basis. It's the charger I leave at the office. That way I can leave my charger at home.

thetruthkc

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
Thinking about the same thing. At work, at least I can monitor the heat. When at home, I generally only charge over night or when I'm not around, so I don't want to risk anything.

Did you purchase from Amazon? If so, which one?

right_mr1

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
I bought a third party surface pro 3 one for the pro 4. Works absolutely fine. It doesn't have a USB port to charge a second device like the official pro 4 one and the charge light is always on even when the device is not plugged into the device but for gbp 15 I'm not really complaining at all. I've had my charger for 2 months. So far so good...

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett