Hi,

I've got a problem with my surface pro 3 (I'm running windows 10 pro of course)

Sometimes, when I turn it off the screen become black and windows seems to be off but the type cover is still bright and the windows button still respond (vibrations). When it happen I force my surface to shutdown by pushing the power button for several seconds. But I'm always afraid to do it because we all knows that it isn't good :/

So I have 3 questions: Why does it happen? How to fix it? And: today with windows 10: how bad is it to turn of windows by pushing the power button (the hard and dirty shut down we all hate...) ?

I'm waiting for your answers :)

(NB: sorry for my English... I'm a 17 years old teenager :) )
    02-27-2016 05:17 AM
    Hi,

Why does it happen? How to fix it? And: today with windows 10: how bad is it to turn of windows by pushing the power button (the hard and dirty shut down we all hate...) ?
    1) It's probably happening because there's a driver or program that isn't quitting or cancelling. Can you give any more information?

2) You need to identify which program isn't quitting - are there any error messages? Do you have all programs closed before you shutdown or do you leave programs open?

3) It's never good to force a shutdown - Windows is stable enough most of the time but you don't want to continue force shutting it down.
    02-27-2016 05:24 AM
    1) I usually don't close skype
    2) There isn't any error message
    3) I knew it... I hate doing it but when i don't have any other choice :/

I've forgot to ask : when the problem happen: should I just let my pc do what it does or should I force the shut down ? Do you think that waiting is a good solution ? (Because i've tried once and it was pretty long :/ I force it to shutdown because i'm afraid this bug could make more damages )
    02-27-2016 09:55 AM