Slow WIFI with .164

Lennart Petersson

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
Have not seen this before, suddenly I have very unstable WIFI. Often slow as hell, OK for a while if I forget/reconnect to WIFI.

Non-insider .164 build.

Just checked and got 0.62 download. Checked with my 950XL also and got 11.92 download, and that is a fare result considering what I can expect from my ADSL2 modem. Using Airport Extrem.

Any idea of where to look for solution?

edit: tested with 4G on my phone and got 40+ Mbps download. And then with mobile hotspot on the phone I managed to get 4 Mbps on my Surface when I connected it to the phone instead of my home wifi. So, it looks like it is something with the WIFI in the Surface no matter what I connect to.

regards,

/L

rel0aded87

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
I have the same Wi-Fi problem with my Surface Pro 4, speed is just so slow when transferring files to a local network or simply downloading over the internetl. I bought an USB Wi-Fi dongle and it solved the speed problem but caused more battery drain during sleep so I removed it and i'm back to the built-in Wifi.

Hoping MS will issue an update to fix the problem....

Lennart Petersson

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
Update - checked in to the office today (ok, mostly working at home so that is not that often...) and checked the speed. 46 Mbps download over WIFI. So, it is many parameters in this soup...

MiQ680

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
previously i also had slow wifi connection with SP4 in my home. After searching with google, i found an article that suggest to only connect to 2,4 ghz wifi and not 5ghz. I use time capsule at home which support both frequency. Did some changes in my SP4 to only connect to 2.4 ghz, and the internet speed back to normal.

Lennart Petersson

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
Well I be damned - that seems to have cured the problem! I've actually tried to change that setting from automatic but I of course only tested the fastest 5ghz and that didn't work :) Thanks @MiQ680

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium