Replacing Surface Pro 4 at Microsoft Store

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
So, I live in the Caribbean. Returning anything that is ordered is a pain in the a**

However, I'll be making a trip shortly to the US. My SP4 screen is cracked and through the website Microsoft it would have been replaced it for 320usd once i shipped it to them.

The problem was never the cost to do it but the inconvenience of shipping it and the time i would be without the device.

When I get to the US, will it be as simple as walking into a Microsoft store, paying the 320usd and having the device replaced?

ray963

Jan 7, 2016
Visit site
Hi there, you should call MS and check that the store you are planning to go do replacement.
Because not all MS store replace, some only do sales and replace in the first 14 day of purchase.

Trust me, replaced my SP4 5 times.
But eventually returned it :(
Good luck.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
They will not replace it if you pay for a repair... They will repair it...

The information I have is

Out Of Warranty - Standard Exchange (USD 320.00)
You ship your device to our Microsoft authorized exchange center where your device is inspected. After passing inspection, a replacement is sent to you.
Under most circumstances, your replacement will be shipped to you in 5-7 business days after you ship your device to Microsoft.
If you‘re eligible, Microsoft will provide a return shipping label for you. Your options will be presented to you in the following step.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
My only concern is that I receive a lemon.

I have no problems with my SP4 like people complain about here. I really don't want to replace it and end up in more problems than a cracked screen ;(

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I'll most likely be heading to the fifth avenue store, new York.

Has anyone had any experience with this store when it comes to replacing surface pro 4?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium