My W10 SP3 and Amazon Video

TechBob

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
I have had my SP3 for about a month, a refurb from Microsoft. This is actually my second, as the first one overheated pretty easily. This one has been fairly cool, until today. I watched, or tried to watch a movie from Amazon Prime and it was less than successful. First, let me say that I tried multiple browsers including Chrome and Firefox. What I found is that the screen would start jumping around, the full screen would drop out and the back got very hot. This was with both browsers. I also found that when I was watching the video, parts of the movie were hard to watch. Normally lit scenes looked absolutely fine with expected brightness, but dimly lit scenes were way too dark, virtually blank. Those same scenes are viewable on my other devices, both Android and Windows.

Has anyone else experienced this? Suggestions?

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like a video driver issue. Use Device Manager and check for an update on the Intel HD Display driver. If none exist, may be worth downloading the beta from Intel Downloads website for the 5th Gen Intel HD Laptop Display Driver. You can unzip and use upgrade from folder to install.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte