New Surface 4 and a lot of bug issues? Is there a way to solve them?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hi, I just got this surface 1 week ago. Ever since the 1st day I tried using surface 4, I've been experiencing some issue with it:

-Once I leave my surface on sleep mode for 30 minutes, came back to find my surface unresponsive at all. Couldn't even restart it.

-Sometimes the fan gets really loud and noisy.

-When I first start up my window, the keyboard wouldn't appear and I had to restart, wait a few seconds and try again.

-Today, strangely while watching a video online and using a software, the surface fan got noisy. Then the screen suddenly became black and there was this loud noise coming from the surface...

-Keys from keyboard sometimes couldn't work. I had to restart my windows.

This surface is only one week old, I'm honestly tempted to return it. Is there any possible way to solve this bug issue? Or the black screen with the loud noise issue at least?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Check your updates... There are a whole slew of bug fixes that have rolled out for SP4 since it was introduced. I believe all those issues were addressed...

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Grimmric

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
I had some issues when i got my SP4, and was waiting for updates to fix my issues.
I got almost all my issues fixed, but still had some that indicated that the factory installation of windows was bad.
So i downloaded windows and put it on a usb and did a clean installation of windows 10. I kept nothing.
Now i have no problem at all so far. So its been running smoothly for several weeks now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos