Photoshop Crashing Windows

CraigCole

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys,

I've got Photoshop CS3 on my SP4 (yes, I realize it's ancient but it works for what I need it to do) and every single day I use this program it crashes my computer, usually after 30 minutes of use the mouse will freeze a second or two before the screen goes black and all hell breaks loose. Usually the screen will just stay black but today it somehow managed to recover itself after closing all my open applications and then logging me back in, though the Windows Hello camera was not working. Any idea what's causing this? Any ideas how I can fix this issue? It's incredibly annoying and destructive to my productivity.

Attached are a couple images that might be of use, though I have NO IDEA what they mean, LOL. Thanks in advance for your help!

Errors.png

Capture_1.png

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Try running CS3 in compatibility mode; right click on your CS3 shortcut (icon) and select Properties. From this dialogue box, select the Compatibility tab. Next, check the box under Compatibility mode and select an older operating system. I'd start with Windows 7, but you might find the best results with an even older OS like Windows XP or Vista. Try a couple different modes until you have one where CS3 seems to run stable.

Also, on the same tab, down at the bottom, check the box for Run this program as an administrator. That'll give the program full rights to any system services and/or resources it may need.

compatibility.JPG

See if that helps. If the problem persists, I'd try to rule out any other running programs causing the issue by performing a clean boot. It may be other Adobe applications believe it or not, causing the interference.

You can read up on performing a clean boot here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Basically (in Windows 10), you bring up Task Manager, and temporarily disable certain startup applications to see if they are causing the conflict. Troubleshoot a little and then come back and let us know what you find....

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
I have CS5 and never had CS3. Go to Edit > Preferences... It should look like this:

snip_20160408202734.png

There's another section too that you can turn off:

snip_20160408203127.png

There's a reason why Integrated Intel Graphics has its reputation.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium