Surface Pro 4 odd issue

bigjay2100

May 13, 2016
Visit site
Ok, so the issues I had with my external displays not firing back up after a long inactive state has been fixed with the latest firmware/driver update that MS pushed out. I am on to a new problem though but one that has been there even when I had the display issue.

I have 7 SP4's with the new SP4 dock all connected to external LCD monitors and all have standard Logitech MK Series wireless desktop combo (Keyboard/Mouse) attached to them. Several of these SP4's are showing what looks to be wireless interference as the mouse pointer will randomly change locations on the display and will minimize or move programs or close programs randomly. If this was just one device I would assume virus or spyware but right now it is 4 of the 7 that have been reported. Now, if I undock the tablet and work off the tablet/type cover and even with a simple wireless mouse with the USB dongle connected directly to the tablet, basically no dock and the stuff connected to the dock, everything is just fine. Also part of this is if you pay attention, you will see circles hitting the screen. The same you see when you are using the touchscreen and you touch it with your finger.

I also have a number of Surface Pro 3 units with the original SP3 dock and I have no issues with them at all.

Is anyone else having similar problems or issues and if so, were you able to correct them?

Thanks.

Jayson

bigjay2100

May 13, 2016
Visit site
Yes, Type Cover is closed when connected to the dock. I have found occasionally that opening the type cover, letting the dock pull back to the tablet display and closing it to force that push back helps in some cases.

srouvalis

May 24, 2016
Visit site
No one else is having this issue??

I run into it daily now. The screen freaks out and jumps around and there are little circles all over the sides of the screen like someones touching it. I have to continue to reboot it over and over again until it stops. Most of the time this happens when I first turn it on in the morning, but sometimes it happens randomly in the middle of the day.

Also, this has happened both in the dock, and out of it.

This week its been particularly bad.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa