My SP3 just died with no warning

sashlon

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Hello from Australia. I?m a huge Microsoft fan. I have been for years. I find many of their products to be very, very compelling. I?ve owned an Xbox 360, there are three Xbox One?s in my house (my kids love to their consoles too). I?m an Office 365 subscriber. An Xbox Gold subscriber. I?ve owned a Surface RT and a Surface Pro. And, since January 2015, I?ve been a very happy owner of a Surface Pro 3. Until last week.

I use my SP3 for everything. I game on it, use it for social media, web surfing, YouTubing. I use it for work all the time. It?s my everything machine and I?ve been so happy with it. But last week it just died.

No warning. As far as I can tell no reason. It just died. And no matter what I try I can?t get it to turn on. I?ve tried charging it. I?ve tried all kinds of battery gymnastics. It?s just dead. And I?m so? disappointed. I?m very upset. I had everything on that machine and it?s dead. I?m so mad ? it?s not even two years old! I just can?t believe it. I?m so, so disappointed.

It?s out of warranty. I?m screwed. And obviously, I?ve lost all of the data on there, a good chunk of which was never backed up.

I know I have no leg to stand on as it?s out of warranty and I guess I don?t expect anyone to care, but as a long-time customer and fan I?m really gutted and disillusioned. I?m just so mad and upset that it?s not even lasted two years. I had no issues with it. No warning signs. It just went dead and wont turn back on.

Now left with no computer. And no ability to replace it for some time. When I do replace it, I don?t think I can justify the risk of buying another Surface, even though I have loved Surface. I don?t see how I can trust its reliability. So I?m going to have to look at other manufacturers, and maybe other platforms. I?m really disappointed about this.

A disappointed customer and fan

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Did you follow the know iussue sequence? Did you got leds on around? If not, most of cases is a damaged charger

If you got a led on, AND you are sure battery is charging, hold power 30 secs

Pro's suggest holding vol up + power 15 secs (always if are you sure your charger is doing is job)

Roberto Vega

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
Did you try the freezer trick? Google it. I had the same problem and the freezer trick worked for me. Although I am not sure for how long. I feel the same way you do. The reliability of these tablets is really disappointing. The attitude at MS seems to be that you should replace your tablets every year!!! That is ridiculous considering the cost of these things not to mention the damage to the environment.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster