Hi,

I got a surface pro 4 with surface dock, also tried with a usb hub too.
    When I transfer multiple files from 1 hardisk to another hardisk, and leave it aside to do other things, when I am back, the window folder and transfer window are all close. Transfer are broken.

I have disabled the usb selective suspend setting and turn off hardisk to never for the power option.
    This issue is still occurring. Is it some other setting issue or issue with my surface pro 4.
    06-12-2016 06:11 AM
    Hi,

I got a surface pro 4 with surface dock, also tried with a usb hub too.
    When I transfer multiple files from 1 hardisk to another hardisk, and leave it aside to do other things, when I am back, the window folder and transfer window are all close. Transfer are broken.

I have disabled the usb selective suspend setting and turn off hardisk to never for the power option.
    This issue is still occurring. Is it some other setting issue or issue with my surface pro 4.
    how many ports do you have on the surface pro 4?
    I'm suspecting that your USB port cannot adequately provide power for both hard disks. You'll have to use a different pc with multiple USB 3 ports or copy to surface and then copy from surface to next hard disk
    06-12-2016 07:04 AM
    Surface pro 4 only have 1 port.
    Thank you for your advise.
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    06-13-2016 07:37 PM