PIN unlock issue

buzzard75

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
Having some trouble with unlocking my SP4 via PIN. I have a six digit PIN and, usually, as soon as I hit that sixth digit it logs me in. Lately though, I've only been able to get in five digits before it attempts to log me in and tells me that my PIN is incorrect. A subsequent attempt allows me to put in all six digits. It only happens on the first attempt, typically after I've brought it out of hibernate, and I always use the pen to tap the screen. I haven't tried with a finger yet. Entering the PIN with the type pad works fine.

Anyone else having a similar issue?

buzzard75

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
UPDATE:
Seems to be registering a double-tap on one of the numbers when unlocking. Something's a little screwy with the sensitivity. Sometimes I can't get it to register a double-tap when opening a program from my desktop, and other times it registers a double-tap when I only tap once, such as when entering text on the virtual keyboard or in this case my PIN. I'm wondering if the recent driver update for the Surface Pen is the culprit as that's about the time it started.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett