SP4 post Anniversary Update

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Horrible Horrible post-Update experience....Sound doesnt work, YouTube Videos don't play (the dots just keep going round and round), SKYPE FAILS to connect EVERY SINGLE TIME...Hopeless this update is

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Ok so on my SP4 the AU went smooth, device seems to work faster. No problems with Edge, even the extensions work flawlessly. But i also noticed my cpu (i5) idles at about 2,27ghz, when doing nothing. Did the max processor state we had to set in the beginning reset after this update or something?

Happy user ��

kristalsoldier

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Ok so on my SP4 the AU went smooth, device seems to work faster. No problems with Edge, even the extensions work flawlessly. But i also noticed my cpu (i5) idles at about 2,27ghz, when doing nothing. Did the max processor state we had to set in the beginning reset after this update or something?

Happy user ��

Similar experience. However, I cant seem to access the Extensions page when I click on the link in Settings in Edge. Leads me to a blank page in the store. Other than that the AU is working fine on my SP4 (i5/8GB/256GB).

kristalsoldier

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I only seem to have one problem - not really a problem but it is a nagging thing.

The battery meter seems to update itself in fits and starts. I did uninstall and reinstall the driver, but this behaviour continues. This was not the case before I did the AU (my SP4 is less than a week old and came with TH2), Do you guys see this?

i-am-andrew

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I noticed Edge is much more unstable.
And I too noticed fan more likely to come on.
Also noticed that CPU frequency would stay at maximum instead of dropping when idle.
Found some notifications to be quite unstable and would stop the notification area from being showable.
I've noticed that there is an annoying and distracting noise from the CPU which I've logged here.

Due to all these issues I've rolled the Anniversary Update back. It only takes a couple of minutes and you get a nice quiet stable system again!

Redmer Nauta

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Since the au update my i5 8ram seems to have terrible battery life, and the battery saver option seems to make its life worse :S
SO confusing a batterysave function that drains battery quicker???

becosemsaida

May 31, 2016
Visit site
Well i've had it with microsoft playing games with this .........

After the AU all was well besides some small glitches but now after having "minor" windows updates that should have solved some thingies we are .......... not very happy. Edge is a joke after some kind of stupid update, tablet is lagging on start-up, doesn't want to connect to internet nor bluetooth only when it's forced to connect i can connect. Uninstalled the updates, wrong idea, still having a lot of problems.. Rolled back for now to a diferent W10 version but it's not working as it should. For some stupid reason i wasn't able to back-up to an external hard-drive ONLY TO CLOUD SYSTEM so i had a lot of trouble getting my surface to get with minimal services again.

So what am i gonna do?? Install all new from a windows pendrive after reading how to do this..... Thanks micrsoft i have my 1000+ ? tablet that should fly and do what i want to do waiting to be "fixed" and have a 200+? Samsung Android tablet to do my work. I think i might have spend some money not very wisely somewhere..... If this isn't getting solved with the "clean install" i will throw this thing into a wall !!!!!!

Beco

P.S: Once again i have the exact windows version and updates on my laptop with almost the same apps installed (more on my laptop, goes without saying) and my laptop is working great....... Problem is for sure with the Surface.

anon(5590893)

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I haven't received the AU yet on my Surface Pro 2 and Surface Pro 4. Is everyone posting so far a ring-member? Is it because i'm in europe? Or is MS pausing the roll-out because they have to fix some issues - maybe issues specific to the surface-devices? I'm so bad at waiting ;)

CraigCole

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
My SP4 is horrible post update. The fans are always on, even when "sleeping," it gets hot for NO reason, the mouse lags at times... I'm about to throw it through a window, LOL.

seq1

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
My SP4 is horrible post update. The fans are always on, even when "sleeping," it gets hot for NO reason, the mouse lags at times... I'm about to throw it through a window, LOL.

I had similar issues but after the .51 update my SP4 is no longer heating up. It is performing better than it ever did. I am not sure whether the .51 update fixed things for me or something else.

sejali

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Was hoping the Anniversary Update would solve the stuttering issue that was introduced in my SP4 after the July update, but the issue remains. Still seeing periodic mini freezes where my SP4 goes unresponsive for a few seconds even when no apps or programs are running--but this only occurs when not plugged in for some reason. A fresh install also did not solve this sadly.

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Since today, battery life, estimate, time to full charge do not update anymore... Sometimes it even doesn't know it is charging... Here and there i also get a complete freeze for some 10 seconds. Even the mouse won't work during freeze...

becosemsaida

May 31, 2016
Visit site
So updated back (nice choise of words right?) to W10 Pro and for now i only have the "freeze" problem, this supposed windows tablet from a company that should be number one in the industry is a great piece of........... Still can't figure out why i have all the problems as i use windows on my laptop and have only small issues. I talked with a vendor and he said to return my Surface so they can test it, i'm not the first with the complaints as he stated.

MICROSOFT WAKE UP YOU ARE GOING TO LOOSE CLIENTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry,

Beco

kristalsoldier

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Since today, battery life, estimate, time to full charge do not update anymore... Sometimes it even doesn't know it is charging... Here and there i also get a complete freeze for some 10 seconds. Even the mouse won't work during freeze...

Yeah, I am experiencing this post the AU update. One person told me to go into Device Manager and to uninstall (not delete) the relevant battery drivers and restart. I think it fixed it - well, at least for the moment.

zkyevolved

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Well I for one am quite happy with the update. When I first got the update I had the dreaded high CPU speed which drained my battery faster and caused the fans to be on, generally speaking, almost always. So what did I do? I reformatted it by downloading the image and putting it on a USB drive (I also used the generic installer, not the SP4 specific installer). That fixed the issue.

Now I am getting very good reliability, but battery life is where it still was 10 months ago - poor battery life. To extend battery life I'm using tablet mode, which helps I think.

fly_branch

May 29, 2014
Visit site
My SP4 is freezing every time I get a notification. I can't dismiss it and the freeze requires a reboot. What the.........? UPDATE: Wiped machine and performed a fresh clean install and she runs like a champ. Good to have the old girl back again.

Last edited:

demon09

Apr 28, 2016
Visit site
After the firmware updates today my device is running much smoother than before, though I did get an insider preview build at the same time so maybe that was it. Anyone else get the firmware yet?

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
After the firmware updates today my device is running much smoother than before, though I did get an insider preview build at the same time so maybe that was it. Anyone else get the firmware yet?

Thanks for the info. Just checked for updates, found it, surprised it downloaded and installed in 5 seconds... Surprised actually. Will see if it fixed something...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb