Surface Pro 4 Screen Flicker

nonlocal

Nov 7, 2016
Visit site
Same flicker here.

My SP4 will flicker on the bottom third at certain times (seems to make a ghost image of the middle third and write it to the bottom third). Won't flicker if the mouse is moving or something happening on the screen. If I stop the mouse and count to 5 or so the flicker comes back. Doesn't happen all the time so I am thinking heat related. I am going to try removing my procase cover for a few days to see if that makes a difference.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Same flicker here.

My SP4 will flicker on the bottom third at certain times (seems to make a ghost image of the middle third and write it to the bottom third). Won't flicker if the mouse is moving or something happening on the screen. If I stop the mouse and count to 5 or so the flicker comes back. Doesn't happen all the time so I am thinking heat related. I am going to try removing my procase cover for a few days to see if that makes a difference.

Have you tried updating to .351? As I mentioned above, since updating to .351, I have not noticed the flicker

InLoveWCupcakes

Oct 8, 2016
Visit site
I've had my Surface Pro 4 since release. I had the early on screen flicker problem that was solved by disabling Hyper-V.

Microsoft even released a fix for it.

However, for some reason my screen recently started flickering again (like three days ago). And it's very annoying. I tried disabling Hyper-V but that didn't work. It's still flickering.

I don't think it's a hardware issue because if I have a full screen application open like Dota 2 for example, the game plays fine without any flickering.

Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Happened to mine. The issue is actually quite common and is due to chances in brightness. The device is faulty and its better if you could return/replace it.

I returned mine after that for a full refund because I didn't want to deal with it again. Wanted to go back to Mac but the portability and size of surface pro 4 are the best so still trying to make decisions.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Happened to mine. The issue is actually quite common and is due to chances in brightness. The device is faulty and its better if you could return/replace it.

I returned mine after that for a full refund because I didn't want to deal with it again. Wanted to go back to Mac but the portability and size of surface pro 4 are the best so still trying to make decisions.

Like I mentioned twice in my posts above. The last cumulative update to .351 solved the problem for me.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Like I mentioned twice in my posts above. The last cumulative update to .351 solved the problem for me.

syed hussam uddin

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
hi i am facing this issue and i dont know what to do. kindly help and how to replace or get refund from microsoft because this is the second time i an about to replaced .

lbp775

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Mine started flickering about two weeks ago. This is after 1.5 years of pretty smooth operation. It would sometimes flicker at first startup, other times it gave me about 20 minutes before it gets the jitters. And I'm out of warranty so I don't have alot of options.

Gary Hall1

Jun 7, 2017
Visit site
100% this is heat problem, so I highly doubt this can be fixed on software level. it happens when the Surface is loud and hot to the touch due to high CPU or memory usage. Recent update have made it worse as well. Yeah, never buying another Surface product again.

stewardrose

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
Having this problem as well. But my device is 2 years old. However this coincidences with the change of my usage behavior. About exactly one year ago I started to push the device harder by playing more games on it. So maybe it is a problem with the durability of the CPU/integrated grafic/thermals. The MS support chat employee I talked with is also assuming this.

peter bjerg

Mar 7, 2018
Visit site
Mine is seriously flickering too. Happened just 3 months after warranty. And no response from Microsoft. Working at a university and we are considering to publish a non-recommendation to other universities and companies we are working with. Any experience that the problems have been solved?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss