Looking for ways to improve my SP4

Rbenede1

Oct 4, 2016
Visit site
I purchased my surface pro 4 back in june of this year, and at first was very impressed it is exactly what I wanted in a tablet/laptop setup. I should say I bought the intel m3 model because it was in my price range. I have had a few issues with this being unresponsive at times and the touch screen being a little irritating, like not responding to my touches and acting like it is out of calibration. Yes I have calibrated it. I considered getting rid of it because it seemed like the performance wasn't living up to the price, but I don't have that option so I am stuck with it. I know that running windows there are tons of options with software and changes to make that can improve the machine, so I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to what I can do to make the most out of my surface. I want to love it again.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I purchased my surface pro 4 back in june of this year, and at first was very impressed it is exactly what I wanted in a tablet/laptop setup. I should say I bought the intel m3 model because it was in my price range. I have had a few issues with this being unresponsive at times and the touch screen being a little irritating, like not responding to my touches and acting like it is out of calibration. Yes I have calibrated it. I considered getting rid of it because it seemed like the performance wasn't living up to the price, but I don't have that option so I am stuck with it. I know that running windows there are tons of options with software and changes to make that can improve the machine, so I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to what I can do to make the most out of my surface. I want to love it again.

First of all surely a antimalware scan even with a free product can hel a lot after months of use, you'll find a lot of little things. I suggest Adwcleaner.
Then you need surely a check in in the autostart app list: not all are needed, and maybe during use you installed other else (like browser buttons, Asks... even if not wanted, they are ad-part of other apps installation)

I suggest you AVG PC Tuneup utilities, that's a software pack for cleaning and tuning every machine, even in automatic if you want to learn first.

Every pc needs care after intensive use

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

have you been checking for OS and app updates on a regular basis?
You can also try doing disk cleanup using the disk cleanup tool
Disabling some apps from running in the background if you don't need them

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)