Battery issue after update

violaw43

Nov 1, 2016
Visit site
Got a new pro 4 for a week, everything is great until I did the automatic update.
It appears that after fully charged the device, battery indicator shows only a bit more than two hours of remaining time. And that indicated time fluctuates quite a lot, but never exceeds two hours.
Before the update, it constantly shows something like 6 or 7 hours with 100% battery and did last that long (though still quite random indicated time).
Also, the update kind of slows down the system. And there's problem with overheating which makes the device noisy even with mild web browsing.
So, is there anybody experiencing similar problem?
The guy from Microsoft tech support suggests to exchange a new device, but I'm not sure if this is just common for all surface...

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
The last two Insider Preview updates fixed my woeful battery issues.

If you dont' want to go that route, you could always refresh your Surface. Sometimes it is good to do that after a major update (even if you have only been using it for a week).

becosemsaida

May 31, 2016
Visit site
There has been some changes in the performance of the battery on the surface, i don't know exactly what has been done but it feels like it's discharging smoother....... Just give it a few cycles and check again.

Beco

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium