Surface Dock

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Having the dock on my 950 XL got me to thinking my SP3 was feeling a bit left out, so I decided to buy the Surface dock, ordered it last week from Amazon and they promptly delivered it but to someone else's address, so yesterday we managed to get them to refund the money and I went to PC World and bought one.

OK a bit pricey, but wow, I hadn't really appreciated how good the Surface Pro range is, driving it's own and a 27 inch monitor, now on wired network and with a 1tb hard drive, a keyboard and mouse, and decent speakers, really brings the SP to life as a PC.

My monitor has plenty to do now, it has my PC plugged in on VGA, the SP3 on HDMI 1 and the 950 XL on HDMI 2.

Wish I had bought the dock earlier.

EMitchell

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
The dock is a great addition. I bought a Surface 3 dock when I got my SP3. I needed to be able to use my SP3 when visiting customers, and needed more I/O ports, so I bought the Surface 4 dock as well. Heavy, bulky, but so powerful, really expands the capabilities of the SP3.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Love the fact that you plug it in and instant wired networking, unplug it and back on Wi-Fi, really like dragging stuff from the Surface screen to my monitor and watching it resize and I have worked out that by plugging in my audio cable for my PC through my monitor then on to my speakers, I can switch between PC, SP3 and 950XL and not only share the monitor but share the speakers as well.

As for the ports, I can plug my 1TB WD passport HD into any of the above whilst still using a keyboard, mouse and more.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon