Time for more discounts! Shop all the best Cyber Monday deals NOW

Ordered a i5 SP4 during the Black Friday deal and perhaps there are many others out there who also is new to Surface.
    Still waiting having it delivered so im just guessing when I say that it might not come with the Anniversary Update installed from factory.

Anyway, perhaps im not the only one who wonder how to update this thing?
    Just want to make sure im making the correct thing when updating the device and I guess a fresh install of the Win10 image is better than doing the update?

If I would like to make a fresh install of Windows 10, what steps do I need to make?
    I guess I download the Windows 10 Surface image from Microsoft and install that onto a bootable USB:
    https://forums.windowscentral.com/e?...token=NnT805nG

What about the driver and UEFI updates from here?:
    https://forums.windowscentral.com/e?...token=Jae__uTT
    How are those installed?
    Should these somehow be put onto the same USB as the Win10 image or do I install these updates after ive finished the W10 installation?
    Last edited by Andreas; 11-28-2016 at 11:02 AM.
    11-28-2016 10:52 AM
    You could also just let it update itself (AU, drivers, etc.) and then do a reset afterwards (Settings\Update & security\Recovery\Reset this PC), choosing to not keep files/settings, i.e., a hard reset. But I'd see how it behaves after the updates before doing a reset or trying an install from external media.
    11-28-2016 11:26 AM
    I also ordered a SP4 on Black Friday. I was hoping that I would not have to do anything but let it update on its on. I really hope that will be all that is required.
    11-28-2016 03:09 PM
    For me, it didn't take longer than an hour to fully update when I got mine.
    11-28-2016 05:43 PM
    I now have my new SP4. I looked in the Microsoft store. However, I cannot find some key apps. For example, I do not see linkedin.
    11-29-2016 10:39 PM
    I now have my new SP4. I looked in the Microsoft store. However, I cannot find some key apps. For example, I do not see linkedin.
    The Microsoft app store is lacking in comparison to Android and iOS. May have to use the full website in a browser.
    11-30-2016 09:55 AM
    The Microsoft app store is lacking in comparison to Android and iOS. May have to use the full website in a browser.
    It's a full windows machine, use a browser. It isn't a mobile tablet rather full computer.
    11-30-2016 04:10 PM
    It's a full windows machine, use a browser. It isn't a mobile tablet rather full computer.
    I thought that the SP4 was both a full computer and a mobile tablet.
    12-01-2016 10:02 PM