Office workflow with Surface Pro 4 - suggestion for Apps/Software and interaction with Lumia 950Xl

Anatol Pigwa

May 3, 2016
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I am now a proud owner of a Surface Pro 4 and a Lumia 950xl (the joys of Black Friday).

I intend to use the SP4 mainly for office work on site (annotations, writing reports, taking notes, minutes etc.) and wondered if you have any suggestions how to optimize the workflow on my way to a paperless office. Currently my intended Setup is as follows:

1. Use The Type Cover and Word for the heavy duty typing.
2. Use Nebo to take down notes, as it has the ability to convert them into text and export to Word
3. Use Drawboard PDF to annotate and put simple signatures on PDF documents

Any alternative suggestions?

Chiefly, I wonder if there is an application (maybe office 365/2016 ?) which allows me to write in a word template and convert the handwriting to text.
Also I am looking for a way to transfer on the fly photos from the Lumia 950 to the surface (ideally directly within an application to incorporate them directly into my reports).

Thanks for your comments in advance!

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Also I am looking for a way to transfer on the fly photos from the Lumia 950 to the surface (ideally directly within an application to incorporate them directly into my reports)."
one drive?

demon09

Apr 28, 2016
Visit site
OneNote lets you take pictures with the surface directly within a notebook (OneNote is great for meeting minutes--they have templates that really speed the process).

OfficeLens is another one that is great for both Surface or 950, since it can do whiteboard, document, and image transfer, and will even take text and make it editable and indexable. This also integrates with OneNote, Word, PPT, OneDrive, etc. I use it all the time to convert old printed documents into word docs that I can edit.

Watch a few of the OneNote getting started videos on YouTube--a lot of people will show you perfect workflows for meeting minutes and project update texts.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes