From Surface Pro 2 to Surface Pro 4

Kingofocean

Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
Hey there.First of all, sorry if I'm not always clear, English is not my first language :p
I was wondering if there was an easy option to upgrade from a Surface Pro 2 to a Surface Pro 4. I recieved today the SP4 that I am offering to my borther. He currently has the SP2 and is a pro mac user, so having to redownload all the apps he actually has on his SP2 to his new SP4 is something I'll be hearing all day...
Like on W10M, if you change from one phone to a new one, there is a OneDrive backup to get all your apps and *some* data back.
I got this "inconvenience" happen to me too recently. I got a month ago a SurfaceBook to replace my Surface (non-pro) 3 and was kinda sad to see that my Start menu (with all my apps) can't be sync to my SurfaceBook. I need to download again all my apps manually.
Of course, I understand that x86 programs can't be restored, it's always been like that when you change your computer, but It would be cool to be able to restore the apps like in W10M.
Thanks for all the info you could give me :smile:

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I believe your brother will have to redownload all the windows apps from the windows store, if he uses the same account he won't have to rebuy them.

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
you can at least see all your owned apps and then pick and choose which to download. this helped me because my SP2 had 512 GB but my SP4 only had 256 GB

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss