What are your must have apps in 2017 for the Surface Pro 4?

Rahsna Asurac

Dec 2, 2016
Visit site
Awesome list. How do you find gaming on the SP4?

Any good touch based apps to pass on?

Sorry for the seriously slow reply. I completely for got this thread. Good thing there is a forum system to mitigate that :)

As for your questions:

Gaming on the SP4 is fan-noisy. For the kind of games Blizzard offers, you NEED to have the power supply plugged in. IF you do not, the games will lag. and you "only" get an hour worth of game time with sub full HD resolution and lowered settings.

Minecraft can run on half of top performance for about the same duration, but also noisy. Though it runs fluently without being powered.

All this is on a i7 edition of the SP4, mind you :)

Touch based apps... Well, since Creators Update, most apps are good touch-based apps - unless they are not designed for Windows 10. Some of the best are Microsoft's own Office apps.
Apps with an exceptional good touch experience though, would be, IMHO: Groove, (Windows) Maps, Star Walk 2, Tips. ''' oh yeah, and Microsoft Edge, of course :p

Nothing too noteworthy :)

paragoneer

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
My favourite and most commonly used Windows 10 apps on my Surface Pro 3 are:
  • Xodo PDF reader for basic PDF reading
  • PDF Assistant PRO for PDF editing with Surface Pen
  • Nebo (Good glorious universe I love this app so much. Find the handwriting detection superior to that in OneNote. Write in Nebo, then copy the converted text into OneNote :)
  • Audiocloud for SoundCloud
  • Appy Text as a basic yet more elegant notepad replacement
  • LINE and Telegram as my go-to messenger services
  • Word Mobile - often useful for light browsing or editing documents when running on battery

revtech

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Getting my first surface pro 4 today, since some of you were interested in professions represented I'm a public speaker and plan to use it for speaking notes I can scroll through. Anyone aware if there is an app for that or should I just open a windows document? When I tried a 2-in-1 it was just too heavy, but I also noticed when I used word for my notes everytime I touched the screen the keyboard would pop-up, obviously not a handy thing to have happen.

tl;dr . . Anyone have an app they use for public speaking notes?

meattray

Surface Pro 4 Champion
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site
Hey @revtech the one nice thing with the SP4 is you can set it to tablet mode or not. If it's in tablet mode the keyboard will automatically pop up but if it's not in tablet mode it won't so shouldn't impact your scrolling with your finger etc.

Honestly, I would personally just use word likely as it should do the job unless you're looking for anything more specific?

revtech

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hey @revtech the one nice thing with the SP4 is you can set it to tablet mode or not. If it's in tablet mode the keyboard will automatically pop up but if it's not in tablet mode it won't so shouldn't impact your scrolling with your finger etc.

Honestly, I would personally just use word likely as it should do the job unless you're looking for anything more specific?

Excellent! Thank you! Yes Word is fine, just kept having the keyboard pop up, but with what you said that shouldn't be a problem. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fopaky