What are your must have apps in 2017 for the Surface Pro 4?

meattray

Surface Pro 4 Champion
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site
I'm curious to know which apps you guys are using these days?

I'm fairly boring as I mainly use my surface pro 4 for work so I use a couple of work specific programs and Drawboard is another program I use quite a bit for tweaking and signing documents etc

I'm just using grover podcasts for listening throughout the day.

What about you guys?

eKeith

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I like the clean look of Nextgen Reader; performs without issue. (But still wish Windows mobile had a share function akin to Android's).

PS
Seems we have similar tastes: I also use Drawboard and Grover Pro.

meattray

Surface Pro 4 Champion
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site
Yes, I would also have to go with Nextgen Reader. In my opinion it is the best news aggregator among all platforms.

Sounds like a lot of love for Nextgen Reader! Any other apps you're enjoying? Any that you specifically use only with your Surface Pro 4?

meattray

Surface Pro 4 Champion
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site
Awesome! Yeah, as I use this as my work device I don't put a lot of additional apps on here that aren't really needed. I experiment here and there but keep it pretty tame for the most part.

Thanks for sharing!

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Nothing SP4 specific really. Just that some like MS Office, mTalk, and Twitter must be on it for it to be complete.

Sent from mTalk on my SP4

meattray

Surface Pro 4 Champion
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site
@James Falconer honestly I'm pretty happy with the app selection. Considering this isn't a mobile device I wouldn't use things like Snapchat or other of the "missing" windows 10 type apps. Considering I mainly use this as a business device, I haven't run into an instance where I was like "Darn I wish I had that app".

I'd like to potentially see more apps incorporate the surface pen if anything though. That would be where I would like to see some changes. I mean there are a few and they work fine but I think that's an area Microsoft could expand. I know I'm using physical paper less and less with this device but it would be nice to build that out even further.

demon09

Apr 28, 2016
Visit site
I use "TouchMe Gesture Studio" (horrible name, awesome app) to do some really great touch based control (for instance, 3 finger turn right or left to turn up/down volume, etc.)

I also use gesture controls in Edge for quick browsing, works well with the pen (forward, backwards, jump to top, jump to bottom).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills