Surface pro 4 or wait for surface pro 5

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
if 4 GB already feels sluggish, I would exchange it for the 8 GB especially if you plan on keeping the machine for a long time.

all browsers are memory hungry. I still use Edge the most on a touch machine because it's the most touch friendly (plus I love the sharing feature where I email article links to myself and others).

There's a huge difference in usability between 4 GB and 8 GB.

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
I find Chrome less resource intensive these days. I just installed the creators update and I really want to use Edge, but SP4 heats up while using it. Right now one tab open in edge, this page, only edge open and 49% of my 8GB memory is being used. Weird.

this is because Windows Central's web design is geared toward Chrome. I find many things at Windows Central will cause Edge to hang. Ironic, huh? I think it's because the parent company that hosts Android Central, Windows Central, etc. had already tailored their sites toward Chrome and are less likely to test against Edge due to marketshare. It's why I use Firefox when I browse Windows Central.

Grodelj

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
this is because Windows Central's web design is geared toward Chrome. I find many things at Windows Central will cause Edge to hang. Ironic, huh? I think it's because the parent company that hosts Android Central, Windows Central, etc. had already tailored their sites toward Chrome and are less likely to test against Edge due to marketshare. It's why I use Firefox when I browse Windows Central.

Well, there are certain add-ons for edge, that make it much easier to browse windowscentral.com.

dc9super80

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Originally posted by Grodelj
Originally Posted by onlysublime

Well, there are certain add-ons for edge, that make it much easier to browse windowscentral.com.

Since we're all family here, how about sharing? 😊

Grodelj

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't know how the mods here will react, but one thing is guaranteed: if you install AdBlock and ghostery addons to edge, windowscentral page becomes much quicker and lighter.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes