I've had nothing but problems with my new surface pro 4...

Island Barbie

Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
first two had to be returned because windows wasn't installed on the hard drive. Then there was a hard drive error. my third one just got a virus when I tried using Microsoft edge to look at the news about all of the protests going on and I got locked out of my account for a virus and suspicious activity then the virus began to down load and would not stop so I had to shut my computer down. turned it back on and i was still locked out and ten pop up windows appeared with a down load attached. should I have just gone with a mac? my goodness. i have never had so much trouble with tech in my life. my iphone and ipad have never failed me. is a two in one just impossible ? is that why apple has not made one yet. I'm lost for words with this surface pro 4.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to know your having so many issues sounds like other than hardware you're having a hard time with browsing.

There's a feature that's included with W10 called "defender" if it's enabled it almost always blocks malicious activities from web searches.
You may need to set your browser up to stop pop-ups and to block websites from tracking your activity also.

What I do for the web on any PC is to use the Firefox browser with Adblock Pro added as an extension.
This has proven effective for stopping junk from trashing the on-line experience.

I'll link this thread to others here to see if we can get you up and running.
Hang on...

meattray

Surface Pro 4 Champion
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site
first two had to be returned because windows wasn't installed on the hard drive. Then there was a hard drive error. my third one just got a virus when I tried using Microsoft edge to look at the news about all of the protests going on and I got locked out of my account for a virus and suspicious activity then the virus began to down load and would not stop so I had to shut my computer down. turned it back on and i was still locked out and ten pop up windows appeared with a down load attached. should I have just gone with a mac? my goodness. i have never had so much trouble with tech in my life. my iphone and ipad have never failed me. is a two in one just impossible ? is that why apple has not made one yet. I'm lost for words with this surface pro 4.

I haven't had any issues with mine as of yet. If you had done specific questions or issues let me know and I can try and walk you through some things to help you out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett