Is it really lighter?

shanneykar

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
In intro they said new surface pro is lighter but isn't sp4 is same 760+ g. I love the SP form factor and typing on one. But ipad is light enough to carry and use. SP4 I prefer to rest some place. Don't get me wrong SP packs everything I need and iPAD is pretty much useless to my case. Anyways point, is the new model really lighter?

GG002

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Anything under 1kg is very light in my world, so a few grams here or there really makes no difference to me, at least. Battery power > lug the charger everywhere.

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I looked at it yesterday at the MS store and it is significantly lighter than my SP3, don't know how it is compared to the SP4 though. Also it could've beeen the m3 version that I lifted, which is suppose to be a bit lighter than the i5 and i7 version

convergent

May 20, 2017
Visit site
I played with one in the store too, and they have the SP4 right there as well. I didn't feel a big difference in weight and honestly didn't see a big difference on the edges being more rounded. That said, it did feel more comfortable in my hands but can't say this isn't just mental.

Shrave

Jun 5, 2017
Visit site
I went to the Microsoft Store and looked at the weight specs, both the SP4 and the new SP are basically the same weight.

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
it's pretty much the same weight. the lighter model I believe is the M3 because it lacks the active fan cooling system and thus is lighter. I can't remember if the "lighter" applies to the i5. I know it doesn't to the i7. I read that the i7 is the same weight as before.

But remember, part of the reason it's not significantly lighter is the battery is bigger too (bigger battery = heavier). The Surface Pro 4 has a 39 Wh battery whereas the new Surface Pro has a 42 Wh battery I believe. Not a huge difference but when we're talking grams for an ultrabook, every gram matters.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss