Surface Pro 4 going to Sleep instead of Shutdown

john_rs

May 25, 2017
Visit site
I have a feeling that my Surface is going to sleep instead of shutdown. Each time I boot up the device I observe that there is a considerable amount of battery power that has been drained compared to the point where I used it last. Even though the device goes through the normal not screen(logo and the login screen), the state of power drain from my battery makes me think that the device is not shutting down properly(tried both - normal shut down from start and hard shut down as well).

Does anyone else here face the same issues? Is there anything am missing in this?

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Originally posted by john_rs
I have a feeling that my Surface is going to sleep instead of shutdown. Each time I boot up the device I observe that there is a considerable amount of battery power that has been drained compared to the point where I used it last. Even though the device goes through the normal not screen(logo and the login screen), the state of power drain from my battery makes me think that the device is not shutting down properly(tried both - normal shut down from start and hard shut down as well).

Does anyone else here face the same issues? Is there anything am missing in this?

If you are referring to Hibernation then I would have a look in the power options as my SP4 was set to Hibernate after 360 minutes, I reduced that to 120 minutes and it seems to have saved battery life.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99